Huge stresses and demands are placed on electrical and communication distribution networks as a result of industrial growth, increasing population and the need for renewable energy. These networks are in constant need of upgrade or refurbishment to meet these demands.
Unique and Effective Earth Anchoring
The engineered design of Hulk Earth Anchors present a unique and effective anchor solution where cost effective rapid deployments are possible with the ability to proof test the anchor during the installation process. This allows for anchor installations which are ready for use immediately after installation, preventing costly delays and / or secondary site visits.
If you need an anchoring solution for:
- Emergency restoration towers,
- Winch points,
- Telecom poles,
- Antennae and masts,
- Electricity poles and stays,
- Power line crossings,
- Tower refurbishment or replacement,
- Conductor restringing...
Hulk Earth Anchors with their ease of use and speed of installation are an ideal solution for either permanent or temporary applications.
Click to Enlarge
Advantages over Traditional Anchoring Methods
The efficiency of Hulk Earth Anchor systems coupled with light weight and readily available installation equipment results in an anchoring solution that has many advantages over traditional back staying, guying and deadman anchoring methods.
Utility Anchoring Installation Method:
Click to Enlarge
- The Hulk Earth Anchor is driven into the ground at the same angle at which load is going to be applied to the anchor.
- If deeper installation depths are required the driving rod can be extended. This is done by simply coupling extensions onto the Hulk Extendable Smasher Rod system.
- Continue to drive the anchor to the required installation depth. A wide range of readily available equipment can be used to install Hulk Earth Anchors ranging from Jackhammers, to excavators or skid steers with mounted hammers.
- Once the Hulk Earth Anchor has reached its installation depth, the re-usable Smasher Rod can be removed for use on the next anchor.
- Proof Testing with the Hulk PT-150 applies load to the anchor tendon which rotates the Hulk Earth Anchor into an anchor locked position while simultaneously proof testing the anchor. The Hulk Earth Anchor is ready for use immediately after proof testing.